Who are chemical engineers and what do they do. - The Chemical Guide

The Chemical Guide

The Chemical Guide blog contains every basic information about chemical engineering , the concepts and functions of Chemical Engineering. Also, these blog includes Chemical Engineering quizzes,in order to provide education in the form of quizzes. I am willing to provide quizzes which might be helpful for general preparation of any type of competitive examination for student having chemical engineering background

Who are chemical engineers and what do they do.

Share This

Introduction 

Hello everyone, myself Jayesh Parmar, I am from India, Gujarat. I am a chemical engineering graduate from Gujarat technological university.
Today, I am about to start writing about one of the greatest fields of engineering I.e chemical engineering, if you had some idea ever heard about chemistry or studied one you would have one common understanding that what was supposed to be a chemical engineer.
‌Chemical Engineering has a rich past and a bright future and in India every year more than 10000+ students graduate in chemical engineering disciplines.
After passing SCC from Gujarat secondary and higher secondary education board, there was a vast range of choices that a common middle-class boy can opt for.
Many of my friends opted for arts, commerce and science stream, that was in the following manner based on there percentage like one having 85+% opted for science stream, 65+% opted for commerce and below that opted for art.
I opted for science, in which major subjects were chemistry,  physics and mathematics. During the course of 4-semester I.e 2 years.
I was cleared that I personally loved studying chemistry, so after passing HSC, I opted for chemical engineering through state admission procedure I.e ACPC.
I got admission in Parul institute of technology but guess what, the things I thought for choosing chemical engineering thinking about the interest of chemistry was not actually the same.

Academic study of chemical engineer

During this course of the 4-year program, I came across various subjects, concepts like mass transfer, fluid mechanics, Heat transfer, Thermodynamics, instrumentation and Process control, Process calculation, mechanical operation, a chemical reaction engineering, chemical technology etc. which was completely or partially very much useful in day to day industrial life.
According to me, chemical engineering is the only field of engineering which has to do with the industrial process in which raw material is economically converted into intermediates or final useful products.
Chemical engineering has to design and develop the process and engineer out the problem coming in there ways.

Basic chemical engineering considerations.

During this process, the chemical engineer has to keep the following things in mind and also consider it
1.  Correct raw material regarding the      developed process
2. Plants efficiency regarding the equipment that is considered.
3. Safety.
4. Market requirements that products have to meet.
5. Most important, Economical point of view.

Chemical Engineering is all about information and using them to develop a practical solution to the prevailing problem.

Who are chemical engineers and what do they do.

Chemical industry


Variety of Processes and industries that I had come across are,
1. Petroleum and Petrochemical industries.
2. Heavy chemical industries.
3. Organics or speciality chemicals industries
4. Polymer industries.
5. Fertilizer industry.
6. Food processing industry
7. Pharmaceutical industry
8. Alkalies and chemical industry

Above known industries are not only good for business but are also attaining increasingly importance.
Above known industries has well-developed range products and their process which might be lengthy or complex.
Here, a chemical engineer can redesign or modify the process based on its knowledge, application of concepts and also experience into simple and economical product/Process.
That's all for today, I will be posting more information and specs regarding chemical engineering.....
So stay tuned to my new blog.
I will wait for all your valuable ideas that you all want me to suggest...
I will consider your valuable recommendation, Thank you....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome content and useful info .. waiting for your next blog ..all the best

    ReplyDelete